Specialist Criminal Defence Solicitors
If your career, reputation or freedom are at stake, our criminal solicitors are ready to protect you
Talk to one of our specialist lawyers and you will receive a free initial assessment of your case and a way forward so you can get the best result. Getting the right advice as early as possible can help you avoid being convicted of an offence.
talk to a lawyer today
0161 794 0088
FREE CASE REVIEW
What do I get and how does it work?
When we’re talking with you, we promise to be always non-judgmental and sensitive to what you’re going through.
We start by asking you questions so we can understand what’s going on, and we listen carefully to what you tell us.
Then we will be able to give you a clear and straightforward explanation of:
- What the law says?
- What the possible or likely outcomes are?
- What steps you take to improve the situation?
- What we would charge to help, or if legal aid is a good option?
How long will my free case review last?
Less serious cases
In some cases which are less serious or complex, it may be ten or twenty minutes on the phone.
In more serious or difficult situations we may need an hour or two in person to go through things with you properly.
Unable to help
If it’s obvious straight away that we wouldn’t be able to help, we’ll tell you straight away and point you in the right direction to find lawyers who can help.
specialists in serious and complex cases
We have acted in some of the most important trials of the last forty years including:
- The final trial in The Buckingham Palace Bribery Case, in which our client achieved the only not guilty verdict.
- The Supreme Court murder case of Hookway, which led to the Police Bail Crisis of 2011, then rush emergency legislation by the government, and finally the reform of bail law under the Policing and Crime Act 2017.
- The defence of Warren Allen, wrongfully accused of the murder of Kelvin Easton, the so-called ‘unavenged killing’ linked to the police shooting of Mark Duggan, which in turn sparked the London Riots.
- The 2018-2019 Unaoil Bribery Case, in which members of the Western oil industry companies are accused of paying bribes for contracts to rebuild Iraq’s oil infrastructure, widely reported as the World’s Biggest Bribe Scandal.
- Representation of several defendants in criminal proceedings resulting from the Rotherham sexual abuse scandal.
READ MORE CASE STUDIES
private and legal aid accepted
We handle criminal cases including:
Public Order Act
With a strong and persuasive lawyer, the chance of winning a case is much higher.
MEET OUR SPECIALIST SOLICITORS
focusing on protecting your clean record
Advantages of calling us today
- Our reviews show that we care and fight for our clients.
- We make sure that your case is handled with discretion from the very first call, and that we only share information about your case with someone if we have your permission.
- We have an excellent track record since the 1970s and our criminal solicitors have acted in some of the most important trials of modern times. See below.
- We focus on getting the case dropped early where possible so you do not have to go to court.
- We believe that you are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way round, and we will fight for you on that basis.
- Our criminal solicitors do the proactive investigation to prove your case as the police should have done the first time around.
click to read our reviews
How to get the best result for the client in a criminal case?
Learn more about:
What to Expect at the Police Station A Basic Guide
Introduction to criminal law
No previous convictions
How legal aid works
We accept clients throughout England and Wales in our offices around the country
If it’s a case we can take on, we’ll defend you at any police station or court in England or Wales. We have offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Salford, and we’re happy to have a consultation with you on the phone or in person.
INFO ABOUT OUR OFFICES
Specialists in serious and complex cases
Discuss your options with a specialist criminal solictor
Joseph Kotrie Monson