Top Rated Criminal Defence Solicitors
If your career, reputation or freedom are at stake, our criminal solicitors are ready to protect you
Call us for free legal advice from our top rated criminal lawyers. We get many cases dropped by getting involved early. Getting a proper analysis of your case helps you know what steps you need to take to win the case and get your life back.
talk to a lawyer today
0161 794 0088
REQUEST A CALLBACK
Exceptional win rate
71% of our clients win their cases*
We fight to win our clients’ cases and the results are the proof. Where a client doesn’t admit the allegation we win at trial or get the case dropped before hand in 71% of cases.
It is a mistake to assume that all criminal lawyers provide a similar service. Having a top law firm with a really good win rate on your side can make the difference between winning and losing. Don’t take the risk.
* 71% of clients’ cases resulted case being discontinued at investigation or court stage, or not guilty verdict after trial. Data from all criminal clients between 02.2017 and 08.2019 - excludes cases where the client admitted the offence and chose to plead guilty.
private and legal aid accepted
We handle all criminal cases including:
FREE CASE REVIEW
What do I get and how does it work?
When we’re talking with you, we promise to be always non-judgmental and sensitive to what you’re going through.
We start by asking you questions so we can understand what’s going on, and we listen carefully to what you tell us.
Then we will be able to give you a clear and straightforward explanation of:
- What the law says
- What the possible or likely outcomes are
- What steps you take to improve the situation
- What we would charge to help, or if legal aid is a good option
How long will my free case review last?
Less serious cases
In some cases which are less serious or complex, it may be ten or twenty minutes on the phone.
In more serious or difficult situations we may need an hour or two in person to go through things with you properly.
Unable to help
If it’s obvious straight away that we wouldn’t be able to help, we’ll tell you straight away and point you in the right direction to find lawyers who can help.
specialists in serious and complex cases
We have acted in some of the most important trials of the last forty years including:
- The final trial in The Buckingham Palace Bribery Case, in which our client achieved the only not guilty verdict.
- The Supreme Court murder case of Hookway, which led to the Police Bail Crisis of 2011, then rush emergency legislation by the government, and finally the reform of bail law under the Policing and Crime Act 2017.
- The defence of Warren Allen, wrongfully accused of the murder of Kelvin Easton, the so-called ‘unavenged killing’ linked to the police shooting of Mark Duggan, which in turn sparked the London Riots.
- The 2018-2019 Unaoil Bribery Case, in which members of the Western oil industry companies are accused of paying bribes for contracts to rebuild Iraq’s oil infrastructure, widely reported as the World’s Biggest Bribe Scandal.
- Representation of several defendants in criminal proceedings resulting from the Rotherham sexual abuse scandal.
READ MORE CASE STUDIES
With a strong and persuasive lawyer, the chance of winning a case is much higher.
MEET OUR SPECIALIST SOLICITORS
focusing on protecting your clean record
Advantages of calling us today
- Our reviews show that we care and fight for our clients.
- We make sure that your case is handled with discretion from the very first call, and that we only share information about your case with someone if we have your permission.
- We have an excellent track record since the 1970s and our criminal solicitors have acted in some of the most important trials of modern times. See below.
- We focus on getting the case dropped early where possible so you do not have to go to court.
- We believe that you are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way round, and we will fight for you on that basis.
- Our criminal solicitors do the proactive investigation to prove your case as the police should have done the first time around.
click to read our reviews
How to get the best result for the client in a criminal case?
Learn more about:
We accept clients throughout England and Wales in our offices around the country
If it’s a case we can take on, we’ll defend you at any police station or court in England or Wales. We have offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Salford, and we’re happy to have a consultation with you on the phone or in person.
INFO ABOUT OUR OFFICES
specialists in serious and complex cases
Discuss your options with a specialist criminal solicitor
Joseph Kotrie Monson