Specialist Assault Defence Solicitors
We are focused on your case being dismissed wherever possible before it reaches trial
With the right approach we can get the result you want. This can mean being aggressive, or sometimes even diplomatic on your behalf, but always being ready to cut through the prosecution case in court.
talk to a lawyer today
0161 794 0088
REQUEST A CALLBACK
Court representation at short notice
Learn more about assault convictions below:
- GBH (s.18 and s.20)
This means inflicting ‘really serious harm’. It ranges in seriousness from a broken nose to putting someone in a coma. For section 18 GBH the maximum punishment is life imprisonment. Typical sentences for GBH offences range from high level community orders to up to around 5 years in prison.
- ABH (s.47)
This means actual bodily harm. It is assaulting someone and inflicting a low to medium level injury such as bruising or a cut. The maximum sentence is 5 years. Typical sentences range from a community order to 2 years in prison.
- Common assault (s.39)
This means assaulting someone but not necessarily causing any injury. It is usually a slap or a punch with no injury. The maximum sentence is 6 months imprisonment. Typical sentences range from a fine to a community order where the person has no previous convictions.
READ MORE CASE STUDIES
private and legal aid accepted
We handle all assault cases including:
With a strong and persuasive lawyer, the chance of winning a case is much higher.
MEET OUR SPECIALIST SOLICITORS
Free expert advice 24/7
Advantages of calling us today:
- Our reviews show that we care and fight for our clients.
- Our defence team traces all the witnesses who could help your case, and we are proactive all the way
- We don’t take no for an answer, before and if necessary during the trial
- You get access to the best advocates in the country, giving you the best possible chance if the case reaches trial
- Where there is CCTV or other evidence that could prove self defence or that an allegation is false, we chase it down
- We are never afraid of challenging the police if they are lying
click to read our reviews
How to get the best result for the client in a criminal case?
Learn more about:
We accept clients throughout England and Wales in our offices around the country
If it’s a case we can take on, we’ll defend you at any police station or court in England or Wales. We have offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Salford, and we’re happy to have a consultation with you on the phone or in person.